“Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right person comes along.”
― Nicholas Sparks
When we made those promises or made our commitments to our partners we never imagined that there will come a day where we will be facing breakups or heartbreaks. We’ve all been there. The break-up is tough, and there’s still a raging jumble of emotions. In the beginning, being strong will be difficult, and that’s when you should allow yourself to feel the pain, to feel the grief. But soon you’ll start to heal yourself, and you will be stronger than ever.
We know how tough the whole coming out of the break-up process can be, so we will always be in search of people who have gone through it. The end of a relationship is a very difficult thing. We can all agree on that. So, here are some tips to come out of that rough phase:
- Accept that the pain is normal. It hurts when you break up with someone and it’s completely okay to feel sad about it. In fact, you are not natural if you don’t feel sad. But it doesn’t mean that you should suffer that every moment. Give yourself a break from that pain. Remember, pain is inevitable, suffering whereas is optional.
- Repeat positive self-affirmations to yourself.Breakups can literally rupture your self-confidence. So, don’t be so hard on yourself. Being kind to yourself will help you in getting through this.
- Get help from your friends.Talk with your friends. Share your feelings with them. Ask them about their own breakup experiences. They can offer you support and advice.
- Cut off ties with your ex.When you two broke up, it happened for a reason. Holding onto everything that happened with them and given by them will hinder your healing process. Do not keep any physical or emotional contact with your ex.
- Keep yourself busy. Distraction is a temporary solution but it can still help. Learn new things that you always wanted to. Or do something you love. Keep yourself so occupied that you won’t have time to think about your breakup.
- Forgive and forget. After the initial phase of grief and sadness is passed, you will be in a place where you can let go of the past and cool with it. And once you forgive your ex, forgive yourself for whatever happened you will gain peace. And you can start forgetting.
Remember, if it’s not meant to be, it won’t be.
Letting go is a hard thing that too when you have been holding on to something from such a long time. Though it is hard, it is necessary. They say “If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello”. So, if you are not in a relationship anymore then there is a reason. There is a reason that something better is going to happen. Someone better is going to come into your life who will make all the difference. Keep yourself positive.
Happy moving on.